These FAQs were for 2022. We will update them for 2023 closer to the race date.Previously, our FAQs were sentences and lots of words--and most of you didn't read them. Therefore, for 2022, we are trying to be very crisp--which also means a bit terse. As a result, we do not try to explain everything; we are just stating things as they are CURRENTLY planned. All of this is subject to review and modification as needed to hold a safe event.
- Packet pick-up: At Expo at Embassy Suites Raleigh-Durham-Research Triangle (201 Harrison Oaks Blvd, Cary, NC 27513). Exact hours being finalized, but likely to be:
Friday, March 18, 2022 from 3pm - 8pm
Saturday, March 19, 2022 from 10am - 5pm
Note: At this time, packet pickup is planned to be INSIDE Embassy Suites. We do not currently have plans for curbside pickup. You may, however, have a friend pick up your bib as long as they have a picture of your ID.
- Full and Half Marathon: Sunday, March 20, 2022, starting at 7:00am. Course closure time is 2:00pm for both distances.
- Race Start/Finish: Thomas Brooks Park/USA Baseball, 9008 Green Level Church Road, Cary, NC 27519
- Directions: https://tobaccoroadmarathon.com/directions
- Host Hotel: https://tobaccoroadmarathon.com/travel (~20 minute drive from Start/Finish)
- Volunteers: https://tobaccoroadmarathon.com/volunteer
- As of Feburary, 2022, the Half is closed for new registrations. There is still space in the Full.
- Change Distance to the Half: Closed; send exceptional cases to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Change Year: Use the form at https://tobaccoroadmarathon.com/deferto2023
- Change Runner: Use the form at https://app.racereach.com/form/42327
- Special Requests (disabled athlete; costumes; etc.): Closed as of January 20, 2022.
- Distances: Full Marathon or Half Marathon only (no 5K, no mile, no relay, no swimming)
- Divisions: Elite, Age Group, Military, Ruckers
- Refunds: None; no exceptions
- As of mid-February, 2022, no specific restrictions. That is, no test required, no vaccine required, etc. Please exercise appropriate cautions.
- Please do a runner self-assessment of health conditions on race morning. That is, check how you feel and your temperature.
- Maps and Descriptions: https://tobaccoroadmarathon.com/maps
- Awards and Elites: https://tobaccoroadmarathon.com/awards
- Video: https://tobaccoroadmarathon.com/video
- Course Records: https://tobaccoroadmarathon.com/winners
- Full: Flat and Fast with 21 miles on the Rails-to-Trail American Tobacco Trail
- Half: In 2022, back to our nomral course with 8 miles on the Rails-to-Trail American Tobacco Trail
- BQ? Yes, the Full Marathon is a Boston Qualifier.
- Certified? Yes, both the Full Marathon and Half Marathon are certified. See:
- Full: https://certifiedroadraces.com/certificate/?type=l&id=NC13106NW
- Half: https://certifiedroadraces.com/certificate/?type=l&id=NC13105NW
- Runner Tracking: We recommend using an app like Life360. We do not have a runner-tracking app.
- Live Results: Link TBD (Note: May be delayed based on cell phone data coverage.)
- Prior Year Results: https://tobaccoroadmarathon.com/evtresults
- Course Records: https://tobaccoroadmarathon.com/winners
- Parking passes are required for 2022 to park at the start/finish.
- Parking is normally available at the start/finish (and passes are NOT checked) after 10:00am when Half Marathoners start to leave.
- If you don't have a Parking Pass, remote parking is available with a 15-minute free shuttle ride from 6 miles away from NetApp in Research Triangle Park. The address of their parking is 7301 Kit Creek Rd, Durham, NC 27709.
- Location: Embassy Suites Raleigh-Durham-Research Triangle, 201 Harrison Oaks Blvd, Cary, NC 27513.
Hours are tentatively planned (to be confirmed for):
- Friday, March 18, 2022 from 3pm - 8pm
- Saturday, March 19, 2022 from 10am - 5pm
- What you will pick up: Bib, t-shirt, pins, and a doorknob hanger.
- Shop at Inside-Out Sports for other runner needs!
- Required to pick up a bib:
- You may pick up your own bib AND any other runner by showing their id (cell phone picture or photocopy permitted).
- If you live more than two hours away and cannot pick up your bib by 7:00pm on Friday (for the Full) or by 5:00pm on Saturday (for the Half), please complete this form: https://tobaccoroadmarathon.com/lateppu . We will give you additional information about when and where to pick up your bib.
- Mailed bibs/packets: Not available.
- Expo: None
- Forecast: https://www.wunderground.com/calendar/us/nc/raleigh/KRDU
- Average high for mid-March in Cary, NC, is 64°F. Average low is 40°F. Sunrise is 7:24am.
- If the weather conditions are extreme, the Race Director reserves the right to cancel or suspend the race. This, however, is highly unlikely.
- All runners:
a) As of February 1, 2022, we do not expect to have any limitations/restrictions or checks for vaccines or negative tests. This, however, could change based on governmental requirements.
b) However, plase check your temperature on race-morning and self-assess for any symptoms of COVID-19 (re: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html ). Important: DO NOT COME to the race venue if you have any symptoms. Please send us an email at email@example.com to let us know.
- Planned: Medal (unless you registered after January 31, then, subject to availability), water bottle, bananas, oranges, chocolate milk, pizza, beer.
- Planned (likely flavors, but not guaranteed): Water, Orange Gatorade, Gu Gel (Salted Caramel and Vanilla), and Stroopwafels (Salted Chocolate and Wild Berry).
- Medical issues: Please ask a volunteer for various supplies.
- Aid Station Locations: See https://tobaccoroadmarathon.com/maps.
- Port-o-johns: At each aid station
- Reasonable social distancing requested. Do not remain in close proximity to another runner for an extended amount of time. (Think of this like a runner's version of the "no drafting" rules in a triathlon--either pass or remain several lengths behind other athletes.)
- Headphones permitted but discouraged. Using just ONE ear pod or using bone-conducting headphones is recommended. Please be sure you can hear all verbal instructions as well as traffic. Call out issues and obstacles to other runners.
- Passing: Please allow room for other runners to pass. Stay no more than two people abreast.
- Open Course: The course/trail is not closed closed to other users. Be alert for walkers, runners, cyclists, and horses.
- Please observe social distancing.
- Spectator locations are shown on the course maps.
- Finish Time: Link to be texted to your cell phone...or check our web site.
- Race photos: New for 2022: One free picture for every runner!
- BQ / PR Bell: Yes, the bell will back!
- BQ shirts: If you achieved a BQ time, pick up a special BQ t-shirt!
- Merchandise: https://www.insideoutsports.com/other/trm-merchandise.html
- Review our Race: On one of the sites listed on https://tobaccoroadmarathon.com/reviews